Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dreaming of....................

Pier at Porto Mari

I desperately wish I could be on a beach somewhere! Its been a very exhausting week. Its never easy being a parent, but this week Mike and I have had to forget about ourselves and focus on Lilah. It started Monday night with the flu. Lilah was up the entire night sick from both ends. I was thrown up on 3 times - literally right in the face. We probably went through every towel in the house and a million diapers.

Tuesday morning I had an important meeting at work - one I had been dreading for some time. However, despite the 1.5 hours of sleep I was functioning on it went OK. Mike and I did the switch that afternoon so he could meet his boss and I was back to cleaning up puke and poop! Tuesday night the fun continued. Lilah ran into her door frame and split the middle of her forehead right open........BLOOD EVERYWHERE. Talk about panic! We called the nurse and she said to keep it bandaged and check on her every 3-4 hours (another night of limited sleep). We had the first available appointment the next morning.

Wednesday we spent 4 hours at the doctors getting everything cleaned up. They decided to glue her forehead after stitches weren't going so well. We were sent home to monitor her.

Today was my breaking point. Lilah decided to pick off the glue and into her cut. Doctor said in his 12 years of practice he's never had a child do this......only Lilah. We were back at the Dr.'s for 3 hours before they finally referred us to a plastic surgeon. I was in tears! So Mike and I packed up and went to her consult. Turns out we had 2 choices - plastic surgery or a permanent scar. We have decided to let the cut heel on its own and reevaluate when Lilah is a bit older. I am not prepared to put Lilah under for cosmetic surgery.

Tonight I feel emotionally drained. This week has been the hardest of Lilah's short life. Juggling work, parenting, and pregnancy left me in tears several times. I am thankful for the support of Mike and my little girl giving me hugs saying, "Its OK momma." I can only hope that next week things will get back to normal.

3 comments:

Brieanne said...

oooh your post made me cry :(

I am sorry you had such a tough week, if I was in your position I would have definitely lost it.

Hang in there :) You are doing a great job!! Lilah is one lucky kiddo :)

Koning said...

If she is anything like I was as a kid...this is just the beginning. Please send her north when you need a break or send yourself and I will show you a relaxing/fun time at chateau koning!!

Rosellini said...

OMGosh...I am so sorry! I want to cry for you right now! Poor little Lilah and you must be EXHAUSTED!!! I'm thinking of you friend!!! Yuck!