Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This year we left the good ole US and headed up to Canada for the 4th. I almost didn't make it because of this ridiculous summer cold, but pulled myself together and am really happy I did. We met Mike's family up in Sicomous BC "The house boat capital of Canada" for boating, BBQ, fishing, and family time. It is definitely something I would love to do again once the kids are a bit older. Lilah had a fabulous time running a muck. Georgia decided to become mobile while on the boat - go figure!

However, there is one thing Mike and I agree on as we go on more family outings......its easier to travel with others who have young kids as well. If you have young kiddos you just get it. As a parent you don't feel guilty when your lovely children decide to wake up at 5:30 a.m every morning, have a tantrum every few hours for not getting their way or whatever other behavior you secretly wish you could stop your kids from doing in the presence of others so they appear like little angles. Does anyone else ever feel this way or is it just me??


Our Boat -The Natalia

Lilah's first sparkler










1 comment:

Rosellini said...

This looks like the best time! Totally sounds like we had the same 4th of July weekend...staying with friends at priet lake and Gavin decided his wake up time was 5 am everyday....NICE! :)